Image Map

Thursday 20 December 2012

Pretty Pink Lip | Lipstick Queen & DuWop Venom Gloss Review

Lipstick Queen swatch | DuWop Venom Gloss swatch | Lipstick Queen & DuWop Venom Gloss together
I'm always on the look out for products that work together to create a perfect combination. I'm a huge fan of lipstick and slowly getting there with lip gloss, and I love finding a lipstick and gloss that compliment each other really well. I've recently been wearing this pretty lip look which I have created from two new products; a Lipstick Queen lipstick and a DuWop Venom Gloss lip gloss.

The Lipstick Queen lipstick is part of the Butterfly Ball collection and is in the colour Fly. This lipstick is a bright pink shade with glitter in. It also has a turquoise iridescence running through it, which gives it a beautiful shimmer and when on the lips, makes your teeth look brighter. I have definitely noticed this effect and think it's a lovely extra to a lipstick.
The formula of the lipstick is very moisturising as it has vitamin E and aloe vera in it. It glides on really easily as well for quick application. It's also quite a sheer lipstick (like a butterfly's wing), but the colour is definitely buildable for a more intense pink look. As the product is quite sheer, the staying power of the product isn't amazing, probably a couple of hours before you need a touch up.
I also love the purple packaging. It feels very sturdy and strong, so will last a long time. I love the simplicity of the product and how small it is, so it's perfect to throw in your handbag for touch ups throughout the day.

The DuWop Venom Gloss in Pink Champagne is a perfect match for the lipstick. It's a pretty pink colour with golden shimmers in it. The formula of this lip gloss is amazing. I haven't found it to be sticky at all and it's sheer enough to go over any lipstick, but gives it an extra hint of pink. I also love the spicy smell of this lip gloss and think it's perfect for this time of year.
The applicator of this product isn't the most expensive looking, but it is great for applying on the go. I also like the fact the tube is see-through so you easily know which colour you're picking out from your makeup bag.

Together these two lip products create a pretty, shimmery pink lip that I think is perfect for any time of year. 

Have you tried these lip products before?
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Blog Lovin
*HQhair | lookfantastic*

25 comments:

  1. This looks lovely :-)

    http://vividiorquue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a gorgeous colour!
    liv xx

    http://livflorence.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. super nice color!

    www.itsthejojoshow.com now following u!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the combination, it looks lovely on you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer them together, such a bright strong pink! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE bright pink lips, I'll have to try them. XOXO
    canvas-of-a-face.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I love the colour of the lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these were meant to be together!! Especially on your coloring... looks absolutely gorgeous :)

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty colour, and they work so well together! Good choice my darling, :)
    Lots of love
    Annabelle
    TheCurleyGirl
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxox
    http://thecurleygirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute lipstick colors!! Happy Holidays!!


    Carissa
    Lillies & Silk

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a nice lil corner here....good job...thumbs up
    Fatzee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. thats nice!!xx

    ravingbeautyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish we had those products where I live! :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Waw, I love the colour! Very nice :)

    http://dashofsarah.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks beautiful! I agree with you! I love lipstick and I'm slowly warming to lip glosses :) great review! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are both so pretty! Especially when you blend them together on the last swatch! Great review xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. These two look gorgeous together :) very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are a pretty girl ! be proud of yourself
    and keep up the good work girl!

    hope to see you back @ my blog.

    http://rachelkromdijk.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous colours! You look so beautiful Xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, I've updated my blog button, please could you replace the old one for my new one x

    http://andthislittlepiggybeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I bought Saint Rose from Lipstick Queen in the sales, it is such a gorgeous colour!

    I found your blog via the #bbloggers blog hop and I'm so glad I did, it's such a good read, you now have a new follower!

    Let me know if you stop by mine,

    Sara
    http://pretty-in-pink-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a pretty colour!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks lovely. I'm in 2 minds about the venom gloss, I've heard fab things and I've heard horrible things lol will just have to try it for myself x

    Prettybugblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting. I love reading your comments and will try to reply to everyone's questions. If you have any questions you want to ask me directly, tweet me @beautybelleamie or e-mail me at belle-amiebeauty@hotmail.com ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...